Bills Paintball is on Facebook
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-anno on my Sceptor 2pce barrel

Re-anno on my Sceptor 2pce barrel

Advertise here
    I have dropped my barrel off to be anodised gold and completely didn't think about the effect the stripping of the black colour would have on the inside of the barrel. The guy is looking into what he can get to sufficiently clean up the inside for polishing. Has anyone already done a barrel and have a solution? Im going to get him to do my inline reg and asa also to get a two tone RED/GOLD Ironman look more then my CCU kit already does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be more costly then first though

Thanks

Al

Anyone???

3. it shouldnt matter cause when the anno is redone it should just cover whats been taken off...

I dont 100% know if thats correct but its logical to assume.
    Somers
    "Revenge"
    Perth W.A

after more talking to the guy the stripping of the barrel would leave the surface too rough for the new anno to cover. I pulled the pin as i didn't wanna stuff a great barrel. i will just paint it or look into another way of getting it gold to match the rest of my Ego.

5. Quote Originally Posted by AlsWar View Post
    after more talking to the guy the stripping of the barrel would leave the surface too rough for the new anno to cover. I pulled the pin as i didn't wanna stuff a great barrel. i will just paint it or look into another way of getting it gold to match the rest of my Ego.
    yeh right... huh I wouldnt have thought that to be the case.. You learn something new every day, that has now put me off getting my stuff done.
    Somers
    "Revenge"
    Perth W.A

6. how bout electro plating it??
    Somers
    "Revenge"
    Perth W.A

Quote Originally Posted by somers View Post
    how bout electro plating it??
    Nah i will jst get it back for now and look into it further

Quote Originally Posted by somers View Post
    yeh right... huh I wouldnt have thought that to be the case.. You learn something new every day, that has now put me off getting my stuff done.
    Jst to clarify if they jst strip and anno it will be a matt finish. so for a gloss finish it needs to be polished.

As for the internals of the barrel he wasn't confident that he could polish it smooth enough that it would cause breaks. the coating of anno wouldn't cover the roughness of it.

I polished the internal bore once with a cloth wheel of dremel. though you can use some cotton rags and a rod to spin in the barrel.
    Though if you want to go kick ass just anno the part the get a flex hone designed for a shotgun, from memory its the alumimun sufire one you want though look into it cos there is one that is the correct size.682?? and willl lewave a good finish. it wont a mirror finish though ill bet my balls that its smother.

Quote Originally Posted by AlsWar View Post
    Jst to clarify if they jst strip and anno it will be a matt finish. so for a gloss finish it needs to be polished.

As for the internals of the barrel he wasn't confident that he could polish it smooth enough that it would cause breaks. the coating of anno wouldn't cover the roughness of it.
    what the hell is he stripping it with 100% caustic for hours
    If he uses the correct stripper it will just get rid of the old anodise and leave it a dull finish and only need a quick polish up the bore
    I can do you a 2piece barrel in gold for $65 + shipping say $10 in an express bag
    The ONLY CUSTOM PAINTBALL SHOP in OZ
    Manufacturer of ACiD Custom Carbon Fibre Triggers and custom Anodising
    ALL THE WORK I HAVE DONE UP TO DATE
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/acidcustom/
    www.acidcustom.com
    acidcustom@yahoo.com.au
    there's always 2 behind the first

heres the latest anodise job I did just before Xmas

The ONLY CUSTOM PAINTBALL SHOP in OZ
    Manufacturer of ACiD Custom Carbon Fibre Triggers and custom Anodising
    ALL THE WORK I HAVE DONE UP TO DATE
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/acidcustom/