PDA

View Full Version : Perth Assault Thumps Axl

Perth Assault
07-02-2005, 12:07 PM
To the guys, well done on a great win at a great tourny. Thanks must go to all the hard work everyone put in. Those hot training days, DVD nights and the fitness training. Well done guys, and we all know the Rnd 2 will be even better will the full squad been able to come over and smash FOX studios into the ground. :lol: :bigparty:

To everyone that helped the Perth Assault in Rocky. We thank you and you know the help is always there to be returned. :respekt: :respekt:

To the AXL and the Rocky boys, well done on a sensational tourny and getting it ready on time. Like all Tournies there are always hick ups and it is great to see such a proffesional run and reffere Tourny. (Well Done Paintball Pete). :clap: :clap:

Well done boys and lets smash them all agian at FOX.
:armed:

CDG
07-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Well done Perth Assault... :thumbsup:

What where the Div 1 results...?

How did the Dynasty Clinics go...?

JJJ
07-02-2005, 12:48 PM
I heard the SA Tsunami team won.

PAINTBALL PETE
07-02-2005, 01:17 PM
HELLO TO ALL :)

Apart from the the oppressive heat it all went off well.
The clinic had about 40 players all dedicated on improving there play by perservering with the high temperatures and the high humidity.

Brad and Ryan were really pleased to see the effort that they all put in.

In the open extreme it was won by Tsunami (who cares what they call themselves) with some fine aggresive play with Ricki and Spence leading from the front. Fallout second MWB third.
In the AXL it was won of course by Perth Assault, Wellington Hybrids, X-Fighters then CQ Carnivors.

Even with the small amount of teams for the Open X-Ball all prizes and prize money stayed the same as if we had a huge roll up

Good job all round
As you all know the next round is at FOX Studios in Sydney on the 6,7,8 of May with a clinic as well. If you are not there you will miss out on not only an exciting format to watch but as well as to play ( paint usage was not that high).

ME :angel:

Souse
07-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Congratulations to Perth Assault on a great win. You guys played some hard fast ball all weekend. We almost had you in the first game of the weekend but our penalties just got the better of us.

Sydney X-Fighters would like to thank Mac Dev for all there support and for having the forsight to take paintball in Australia the next level, Paintball Petes for a great training facility and making us feel like part of the family and NXE for the great packs that they have provided. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd also like to thank Blobby and the Carnivores for the hard work they put in setting up the field. The Mt White Boys, Lisa McLean and the Perth Assualt guys who helped us as pit crew. You cannot do well in X-Ball if you dont have the support in the pits. :bow:

The referees done a great job all weekend. They worked tirelessly in the oppressive conditions and the long hours. We may have bitched at times but we all respect the effort that was put in. :respekt:

Last of all I'd like to thank my players who played there guts out (pun intended) all weekend. X-ball requires a large roster or you wont succeed and we just struggled through with seven players, the rest of the boys will be back by the time Fox Studios comes around so look out Perth. :evil

Scores that I can remember
Assault 8 X-Fighters 7
X-Fighters 15 Carnivores 2
Hybrid 9 X-Fighters 8 (Game went into sudden death)
Assault def Hybrid
Assault def Carnivores
Hybrid def Carnivores

ghostrider
07-02-2005, 04:35 PM
well done Perth! Hard work paid off hey! :thumbsup:

Yzo
07-02-2005, 04:41 PM
is there any footage that can be uploaded??

Squeeks
07-02-2005, 09:58 PM
well done to all participants of the AXL tourny

Blair
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah can we please how our arse back now :(

dirty
08-02-2005, 09:15 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PERTH. Macka miff shano gimp hayden :respekt: :respekt: :respekt: you guys rock well done, sucko to the rest OH and my predictin for the rest of the tournys is that W.A will wipe the floor with any team that gets in there road.

Luke82
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
good work assult

Wayno
08-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Congratulations boys...i knew you'd do it. Give em hell at the next one.

Browne
09-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Nice work guys :clap:
Maybe a team in the open and we would have a clean sweep :thumbsup:

HAYDEN
09-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Come on Browne, ya know ya wanna.

ghostrider
09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
X-Ballers there is one thing that hasnt sat well with me personally about X-Ball and that is the sideline coaching calls,
Now you guys have played an X-Ball tourny how does that sit with you guys,
did it change the course of any games having calls from the sidelines,
does it fit in personally having those sideline calls,
is it easy enough to get used to considering it isnt allowed in NPPL rules! :confused:
I like the game of X-Ball as a whole but for me it has been the sideline calls that has left me curious!!!

Well done to all teams too, good to see people supporting the new Paintball format in Australia!! its nice to have a choice. :thumbsup:

Doggy
09-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, I was very lucky to "Guest" coach for Perth during the Perth Vs C.Q game Sunday. (Thanks again guys :thumbsup: :respekt: )
Side line coaching seems to me to really give the game that extra punch e.g It allows bolder and more aggressive plays due to a much higher degree of situational awareness. When you make that mad run you have a fair idea where the other team is (if you have a decent coach) and can blow right through. Oh of course there will always be the unexpected and thats part of the game but on the issue of side coaching I really feel that it gets the crowd more involved too. almost everyone who sat in the stands at Rocky just couldn't sit there without shouting "in the snake, IN THE SNAKE, INTHESNAKE!!!!"

Truely a pleasure to watch.
Well done to everyone who turned up.
I for one had a great w/e. :beer: Cheers,

Doggy

TRENT
09-02-2005, 10:55 AM
As a player i loved the sideline coaching. It was great having the croud cheering you on and the coach informing on where the players where. Was hard in the snake though as the oposition new exactly where you where. Although the coach did help when someone ran for a mugging and you new they where coming so could snap out and shoot them.

James
09-02-2005, 11:40 AM
the side line coaching is super cool :) i had a go at it and it is hard work calling orders to players and trying to get your message through above the crowd, as a player it is hard to decipher everything from the crowd and coach. sometimes you just have to shut it all out and make your own decision.

i heard a few players say they would quite happily never play seven man again!

another myth to squash is that big guy's are not suited to X ball, souse smashed it game after game and proved that just because your big doesn't mean your at a disadvantage!

Knackers
09-02-2005, 11:48 AM
the African Americans will be glad to hear that :thumbsup:

FLASH
09-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Recieving coaching from the sideline was a mixed blessing. It gave me an elimination and then a mutual when Gimp :respekt: came hunting me :eek: in the snake.

To hear the coach when you were the closest still required filtering all other noise out. On the other side of the field you couldnt hear him :confused: .

Sideline coaching is yet to be used to its fullest, this being the first event to do so [i think]. Even though Perth did have it pretty refined by the Hybrid game.

As a player, i liked it. Mrs Flash :kiss: as a spectator loved it being able to particapate from the sidelines.

ghostrider
09-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Cheers guys, i guess it has its merits and of course on the flip side it has its disadvantages.
I guess if it works both ways its got to be fare.
Good to see the X-Ball format accepted by the traditional NPPL players.
Good for me to hear that fat bastards can play well with X-Ball too, :rofl:
(thanks james) :thumbsup: that didnt cross my mind, but good to hear. :lol:

When is the next AXL training day Hayden, it might be good to have a looksy. :thumbsup:

Yeah Gimp likes the hunt, he hunted me down in the last tourny and mugged me with 1 single shot to the ball bag.
Pay backs will be a biatch Gimp! :lol:

HAYDEN
09-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Well, I was very lucky to "Guest" coach for Perth during the Perth Vs C.Q game Sunday. (Thanks again guys :thumbsup: :respekt: )
Side line coaching seems to me to really give the game that extra punch e.g It allows bolder and more aggressive plays due to a much higher degree of situational awareness. When you make that mad run you have a fair idea where the other team is (if you have a decent coach) and can blow right through. Oh of course there will always be the unexpected and thats part of the game but on the issue of side coaching I really feel that it gets the crowd more involved too. almost everyone who sat in the stands at Rocky just couldn't sit there without shouting "in the snake, IN THE SNAKE, INTHESNAKE!!!!"

Truely a pleasure to watch.
Well done to everyone who turned up.
I for one had a great w/e. :beer: Cheers,

Doggy

Yes thanks for that Andrew. I know you were a bit unsure when we asked you(your team mates pushing you into it)but you did a great job and gave us what was needed.
It took a lot of concentration as a player to decipher who was calling what and for who.I played on the snake side(Swapped with Gimp for rests)in front of the coach and still found it difficult.
It was however good if you could get one person in the crowd close to the nett to talk to you.(Thanks BORGY ,you rock)(BTW....how did the Kookaburra and the Wombat fare? :rofl: :rofl: )

Souse
09-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Talking of Gimp please remind him HE"S MY ZIPPER BITCH

FLASH
09-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I hope it annoy's him that i did the snake on the break before he did in Assault vs Carnivors.
It got us our only flag :cry: that game. Making it all his fault we scored.
Then there was the :fu: to blobby, and a couple of bonus balls :hammer: from the team for him on the way out.
With me going :lol: one step behind him on the way out.
Hang on those bonuses were to close. You idiots :yell: watch where you shoot.

spice
09-02-2005, 05:41 PM
Hang on those bonuses were to close. You idiots :yell: watch where you shoot.

Not our fault we can't hit what we shoot at.. more practice needed I think..

Sorry gimp. :kiss:

FLASH
09-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Well I'm not going out front again!

spice
09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Well I'm not going out front again!

You'll go where Blobby tells you... :respekt:

FLASH
09-02-2005, 06:09 PM
All i hear is "pu evom", "nac nwod yal", "retnec kcab" and ":whip:". If anyone can translate, please help us.
Do you think he'll keep me on the team now :evil

Squeeks
09-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Sideline coaching is wicked fun but when u have 2 remember certain names and numbers 4 each barricade and then havin 2 shout it out 2 ur players is very hard

Souse
09-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Sideline coaching is wicked fun but when u have 2 remember certain names and numbers 4 each barricade and then havin 2 shout it out 2 ur players is very hard

Sideline coaching is not hard to do. Remembering names and numbers isnt hard you and your team should have that down pat before the tourney any way.

What is hard is being loud enough so that your players can hear you. You have to be able to read the play very well to do it and anticipate the oppositions moves. And have to realise that you are a player as well and just play the game regardless of the coach. If you only play to what the coach says you wont get any where because 90% of the time you cant here him.

In Rocky we pulled off a couple of beatiful run throughs because I could see people loading and looking the other way. People may not like coaching but it adds another dimension and excitement to the game.

HAYDEN
09-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Yes Flash you guys had us in stiches watching you play X-Fighters, Blobby would yell 1-2-1 when you had four on the field and you would break out to a 1-1-1-1 all over the place :rofl: Blobby jumps up and down going "WHAT THE..?"
Was interesting to see who worked with their coach and who didnt(who could hear them anyway over the din of the crowd?) :thumbsup:

Yes Souse, Gimp has been well reminded that he is your zipper biatch..!!!! :D

FLASH
09-02-2005, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=HAYDEN]Yes Flash you guys had us in stiches watching you play X-Fighters, Blobby would yell 1-2-1 when you had four on the field and you would break out to a 1-1-1-1 all over the place :rofl: Blobby jumps up and down going "WHAT THE..?"

The plan was "DIVIDE AND CONQUER" :thumbsdow Turned out to be "FISH IN A BARREL" :thumbsup:

Squeeks
10-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Yes Flash you guys had us in stiches watching you play X-Fighters, Blobby would yell 1-2-1 when you had four on the field and you would break out to a 1-1-1-1 all over the place :rofl: Blobby jumps up and down going "WHAT THE..?"
Was interesting to see who worked with their coach and who didnt(who could hear them anyway over the din of the crowd?) :thumbsup:

So can i refer to Gimp now as the zipper bitch :respekt: :lol:

Souse
10-02-2005, 12:57 AM
So can i refer to Gimp now as the zipper bitch :respekt: :lol:

No because he's my Zipper Bitch :lol:

HAYDEN
10-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Squeeks, you better start trainning your ass off if you want to call anyone your zipper bitch. Your still our pod boy... :lol: :lol:

JJJ
10-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Squeeks, you better start trainning your ass off if you want to call anyone your zipper bitch. Your still our pod boy... :lol: :lol:

Now thats what we call being OWNED :lol:

Squeeks
10-02-2005, 11:34 AM
No because he's my Zipper Bitch :lol:
Can i refer 2 him as Souses zipeer bitch then and Hayden im the bod bitch not pod boy

noddy
11-02-2005, 02:30 AM
hey guys... well... X-Ball ROCKS....

and umm, looking at bringing over an Open X team. how much paint did you guys go through the whole tourney and how many games did you play?

cheers guys

nods

www.kiwipaintball.co.nz
www.evil-paintball.com

James
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM
i think the mount white boys only used 9 cases!

Hideous
11-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I think we went through 10 cases .. and left one full case behind after emptying the pods.

Games.... hmmm 12 on the first day and i think 16 on the second day.

Thing is... we followed the AXL format way of thinking... good game is a fast game.
Not one game went to time, and I cannot remember anyone playing "bunker bunny" and hiding.. we all played agressively.
I never used more than 2 pods and a hopper.

noddy
11-02-2005, 12:00 PM
12 and 16... well 15???

so that was 4 "matches" and 5 "matches" i'm guessing...

just checking so i can get my facts straight for the guys.

so around about a case per match (3 games)???

cheers
nods.

ps XBALL ROCKS

Meanstreak
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey Nods why didnt you post your Ryan pic here?

Tis ok I'll do it for ya

Dodgy Dy Nasty Player (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=837339)

:yes: :yes:

FLASH
11-02-2005, 09:24 PM
But all she wanted was his SOCK'S :rofl:

Squeeks
12-02-2005, 12:41 AM
---------SPAM----------

keep 2 the topic guys

JJJ
14-02-2005, 02:39 PM

hayden, one of the Tsunami guys said your team filled your air bottles up with water :eek: :confused:

what was the go there?

TRENT
14-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Its was soo hot they though they would try and turn there guns into high presure water pistols. :cry:

HAYDEN
14-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Yes JJJ, it wasnt intentional, the guys operating the air system on saterday told everyone not to use the fill stations of the main compressor because they realised they had a water trap problem but unfortunately it was after Shane had filled his air up.
The air system(conquest)got quite full of water about a 1/4 of a cup.
It was bit of a shock but after drying it out and a relube(gun aswell) the gun involved(Cyborg)was good all w/end.
Wasnt a good experience but shit happens and it got sorted(thanks to Muzza gunteched his heart out)no big deal.

Squeeks
14-02-2005, 07:22 PM
yes good old murry there 2 save the day

James
15-02-2005, 06:53 AM
i think top tech has to go to muzza!

Hardcore
15-02-2005, 07:54 AM
You have to love a gun you can hose out....

JJJ
15-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Yes JJJ, it wasnt intentional, the guys operating the air system on saterday told everyone not to use the fill stations of the main compressor because they realised they had a water trap problem but unfortunately it was after Shane had filled his air up.
The air system(conquest)got quite full of water about a 1/4 of a cup.
It was bit of a shock but after drying it out and a relube(gun aswell) the gun involved(Cyborg)was good all w/end.
Wasnt a good experience but shit happens and it got sorted(thanks to Muzza gunteched his heart out)no big deal.

wow - did the bottle run fine? Glad the marker wasnt messed with. :thumbsup:

Jamie_Cracker
15-02-2005, 04:50 PM
jeez thats pretty dodgy..i hope shano doesnt get any long term probs with his marker

HAYDEN
16-02-2005, 07:07 PM
No the marker is running just like new.

James you deserve a big round of applause for your efforts on sun night for us against Hybrid. :bow: :respekt:

BORGY
16-02-2005, 10:19 PM
any oral relief will gladly be given by myself and kai behind the toilets at fox in syd..... Yeah thanks Simon your super..........

Squeeks
16-02-2005, 10:29 PM
did shano end up shootin his gun

HAYDEN
16-02-2005, 10:31 PM
any oral relief will gladly be given by myself and kai behind the toilets at fox in syd..... Yeah thanks Simon your super..........

:confused: :confused: :confused:

RobKAOS
16-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Simon, your SUPER and el-Kaizer well he's...................um...........he's.......... ...........a TOPGUN :D

Souse
16-02-2005, 11:21 PM

We now have a vacancy for two new players

RobKAOS
17-02-2005, 12:42 AM
We now have a vacancy for two new players

X-Fighters now looking for a new KOOKABURRA and WOMBAT :rofl:

James
17-02-2005, 06:54 AM
lmao!

BORGY
17-02-2005, 11:16 AM
shit we just lost souse and aussie lou.........

Souse
17-02-2005, 11:27 AM
shit we just lost souse and aussie lou.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Squeeks
17-02-2005, 11:59 AM
the wombat is the player that hides a does nothin and the kookaburra is the one which makes noises but doesnt shoot any paint

HAYDEN
17-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Settle down Scotty, its one of those "you had to be there" things.
You will find out when your big enough and allowed to travel to another state and get shitfaced with other maniac paintballers.

Squeeks
17-02-2005, 06:54 PM
ok very sorry fellas

James
18-02-2005, 08:44 AM
squeeks it's one of those east meets west things, one day when you experience it you will become a man as well!

HAYDEN
18-02-2005, 11:48 AM
:rofl: :rofl: